3/3/08

Month One

The moment I found out I was pregnant:
  • Excitement - we'd been talking about trying later this year for a family and made the decision to move to closer to my parents, but we weren't expecting it to happen so quickly.
  • Almost disbelief - we'd only tried one time, and we weren't really "trying", we just had a really amazing night together and it felt right.
  • I took 3 home pregnancy tests to be sure...and I still didn't really believe it until I heard it from my doctor, 6 days later.
  • Blabber mouth. We were trying to keep it a secret, but by the day after we got confirmation from the doctor, we'd told everyone we could think of to tell. My husband even told a few total strangers.
Reaction of the grandparents:
  • I called them on the phone to tell them of the good news and in less than two weeks my parents had already bought a crib for their house. This action speaks louder than words when it comes to expressing their excitement.
  • We gave his parents and brother cards from "the baby". His mom cried and hugged, and his dad was elated - hugging and shaking hands with everyone around. His 17 year old brother immediately began to lecture my husband on the hazards of second hand smoke...very sweet gesture.
Was it a memorable conception?:
  • There was nothing particularly special about the night. We were our usual snuggly selves in bed, and snuggling led to kisses, which led to an unexpectedly passionate and deeply connected expression of love. We knew in our hearts, almost immediately, that the result would be our first child. It just felt so right, like it was meant to happen.
Symptoms:
  • Exhaustion, mood swings, size D breasts - yikes (very very tender and sore), an aversion to sweets (very uncharacteristic of me) and cravings for Italian subs, but - keep those fingers crossed - no Morning Sickness so far.
Seeing is believing:
  • Today we had our second doctor visit and walked away with a souvenir.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats from one of your mom's old coworkers

Lisa

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you - your mom & dad are ecstatic like you would expect any less. They are looking forward to you moving and being closer to home so they can spoil the little coffee bean.

Debi & JR

About Me

My photo
Fort Myers, FL, United States