2/25/08

I missed it!

From what I hear from other mothers, pregnant women have strange dreams. Well, I'm no exception. I've always had dreams a wee bit on the weird side, but if I'm going to have strange pregnant dreams - I want to do my best to document them all (the good ones).

At the moment I'm 6 weeks pregnant and the following dream takes place 1 month in the future.

As I'm hanging out, with my hubby, I get an urgent phone call from my mother.
"You have to get over here right away. The baby is being born!"
Naturally I jump in my car and hightail it across the state to arrive at the hospital in Ft. Myers.
I meet my mom in the waiting room where she appears to be disappointed.
"You missed it! It's all over."
I'm crushed. I ask if the labor was a difficult one and she quickly explains that it was extremely difficult, and maybe it's better that I wasn't present.
After that we head off down the hall to go see my newborn.

That's right. I missed the birth of my first child.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fort Myers, FL, United States