1/31/09

Send Happy Thoughts

We need prayers for baby Weston.

Two ultrasounds have resulted in the diagnosis of clubfoot. This is a small set back when we consider the grand scheme of things that can go wrong with the development of a baby, and I'm thankful he has such a common and treatable malformation. We don't know the severity yet, but it's hard for me to know that he will have to spend the first part of his life in leg braces/casts. His therapy will start within days of his birth and last for months (possibly years), but if all goes well, he won't require any surgeries.

I haven't really shared this information with anyone other than close family until now. But, I feel that prayer and positivity can make a difference. Just keep us in your thoughts, and maybe he'll pop out in March and point his toes and everything will be fine. I can't wait for the day when we buy his first pair of shoes :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fort Myers, FL, United States